View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 03:08 AM
AshleyR

After too many years of going to amusement parks and "wimping out" of the "good" rides, I finally figured out why I don't like rides like that. I get panic attacks when I go "up"! Like on a Farris wheel, 3/4 of the way around, I'm fine, but when it gets to (imagine a clock) 6:00-3:00, I can't breathe and my chest clinches up and my bowels clinch up.. and I just want to die! And it is NOT fun for me! On a roller coaster, I'm fine with most of the ride, except that part in EVERY one when it goes up the big hill. They always slow the ride down there (to build anticipation, I guess) and I just have to close my eyes and wait it out. I enjoy the rest of the ride, but since just about every one I've ever been on has a normal up-and-down and round-and-round track, then up the big hill, fast down the big hill, a few more fast swoops and then the end, I haven't recovered from my panic attack and I have the reputation of being a chicken.
It's so bad, a few months ago, we went up a glass elevator, and I started crying and got off on the 3rd floor!! Apparently, normal elevators don't bother me! I don't think it's motion-sickness, because I can ride the "on the ground" rides that scramble your insides for hours and go back for more!!
Anyway, I've never known anyone else who has this issue, so .....