View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 03:48 AM
romanojg

I find it a lot easier to make HST and getting them to size than flying geese. I'm putting together a quilt now that has around 100 HST in it and it's going together so easy. Which surprises my because this was my first introduction to HST a few yrs ago and I didn't know that much about them and I didn't know that much about matching seams, etc. I made alot of squares to make a lap quilt but didn't put it together. It was for my son who was away. He's coming home next week and I started putting it together and the blocks all fit so nice together. So nice that I decided it needed to be large enough to cover his full size bed so more blocks were needed. Now these I made all by hand; where you take 2 blocks at least 7/8 larger than finished size (so for you that would be 1 7/8 but I'd just do 2in and square them down) then you draw the line down the middle and sew 1/4 on each side. If most or a large part of your blocks are the same color you could use either triangle paper or software or I've even heard on here that people have googled and found free templates on line to make them. This makes the task a lot easier. I have the trianlation software because I'd been doing Civil War quilts and made lots of HST. Good luck with your quest. Post a picture when you're done; it sounds pretty