Old 06-16-2012, 06:24 AM
CindyA

Originally Posted by dknit View Post
Thank you for your post! So far I have completed A-6, A-5, A-8, C-1, D-13, M-10. A-5 was the hardest so far. BUT I have managed to keep all my seams neat and my points are pointy! I just ordered a "Jelly roll" and an assortment of 5" civil war squares from e-bay to increase my supply of fabric. I use freezer paper to cut my pieces but I do not paper piece. I am doing them all by hand so I'm sure it will be many years before I am done. Thanks for all the advice and encouragement. Nice to know which ones to hold off on till the end. I purchased a tiny iron the other day to press open my seams. It was too hard using a regular iron....I steamed my fingers more than once. The only thing left to get is the triangle template and a matt to use my rotary cutter on. I've been using scissors to cut everything out. Going to see family next weekend so I will take my DJ along and afterwards post some pictures of all my blocks. How many blocks do you do in a week?
Hi, and welcome! We do 3 a week, but many of us are not always keeping up. I haven't been able to do anything in 2 weeks, I think. Gus posted a schedule for us, I think it's somewhere at the beginning of the blog, if you can't find it PM me and I'll email it to you. She even built in weeks that we're 'off' so we have time to catch up.

Good idea about the little iron. I have one and haven't thought to bring it out, keep steaming my fingers, too! Looking forward to seeing your blocks posted.