View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 06:29 AM
Petey

I just bought the Viking 875 - had a Babylock Melody - the 875 is pretty impressive with the Exclusive sensors system - this "senses" the tension, stitch length, tells you what needle to use, etc for the fabric you are using - The other things I like about it - the pressor foot can be programed to lift automatically with the needle down so turning a corner is a breeze - other models have this feature. What really impressed me was when the pressure foot went over piecing two fabrics togehter to going over 1/2 inch ( that's right 1/2 inch!) wad of denim and right back to the two fabrics without batting an eye and the sewing was even and beautiful. It is noisier then my Babylock when sewing
but the stitching is so much better. It's "automatic threader" is not nearly as good as the Babylock's ( it worked everytime). Every machine has a plus and a minus you just have to figure out what matters to you. Of course the 875 was much more expensive then the Babylock. I also looked at the 140C but I wanted the exclusive sensor system. Good luck with your decision and you can always get it on sale which I did - never pay full price was a machine.