View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 12:07 AM
Barb M

I did it everyone! :) I took my raffle quilt to the World Congress on Huntington's Disease, which just happened to be right here in Vancouver where i live. I sold tickets at the conference, and my quilt raised....drum roll please.... $1400.00 for HD research, at the Michael Hayden lab. I met online friends from the HD community from all over the world! If the conference had not been here, i never would have met them :) Not only that, but Dr Hayden is famous, and world renowned. And so, i got to go up on stage with Dr Hayden and Dr Leavitt, and i spoke for a few mins, before the world congress, about why i did this quilt. And then, i drew the ticket, and you're not going to believe who won the quilt. The famous, NBC news reporter, Charles Sabine was there, and had admired my quilt, and bought a ticket, and that's who won! So, first i'm on stage before the world congress, and now, my quilt is in a famous persons home. And then Dr Hayden and Dr Leavitt presented me with a huge bouquet of flowers. Thank you all for your encouragement and support the last few months while i was making this quilt, you all are a part of this moment in the sun. It all started with a small idea, but a big dream, so if anyone has a small idea, we all can dream big, cant we? :) Here's some photos :)

PS I really wasnt sure, if this should be in main, pictures or general lol So i figured it's more bout the conference and my friends, so i thought here? lol :)

Some of my friends from all over the world. Left, Matt from England, then me, then Will from North Carolina, and Michelle from Australia :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]47994[/ATTACH]

Dr Hayden came to my raffle table, and we took pictures :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]47995[/ATTACH]

Me and Carly, the HD clinic receptionist, who helped me so much with my ticket sales :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]48141[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-47994.jpe   attachment-47995.jpe   attachment-48141.jpe