Old 06-16-2012, 02:11 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jennb View Post
Hey guys. After posting pics of my recent acquisitions in the other thread, y'all told me to come over here to discuss so here I am! I could use some help finding more information on these machines. They look to be from the 60s or 70s based on their design and features, but I can't find any serial numbers to date them. Also, I can't find ANY info on this Lenco. When I search the name I come up with a garment manufacturer in NYC, so I'm guessing this might be an industrial machine from the garment district. The motor on it is made in Belgium, but the front plate says Japan. I went looking for a sewing cabinet at a local resale shop and she had this one, and let me have the machine with it for an extra 5 bucks. I wasn't going to say no! I'll post the pics again for reference:
White Sewing Machine- Picked up for 35.00 cabinet included. Works as far as I can see except the plug needs to be rewired.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]342532[/ATTACH]
Dressmaker, also acquired for 35.00 in its cabinet. This one seems to work just fine as far as I can see.
neither one is an industrial machine.
the Lenco is a badged Japanese.