View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 04:02 PM
jennb

Default Suggestions for sewing studio

We have a guest house on our property (appx 1000 sq feet) that is currently being used as storage, but once we finally get moved in, the plan is to make it my sewing studio. There is a living room, bedroom, kitchenette, utility room, and bathroom, and 2 closet spaces. I have a midarm machine on 10ft frame, a serger, and need to have at least 2 other machines set up to function, plus a cutting table, and storage for my stash, books, patterns, etc. I also have an absurd amount of camouflage military fabric because I do alterations for our base, and that stuff has to be easily accessible. I will keep my designer ruby in the main house in my master bedroom but otherwise it all needs to be out here.

Currently there is only a ceiling fan with a light bulb, so I'm looking for lighting suggestions and also space saving storage ideas. It will be decorated in black and white and red, as that is my logo, (ladybug with yellow daisies here and there) but I want to finally have a fully organized work space, big enough that I can have one or two workers in at a time to help as needed.

Aside from my machines and stash, I've got nothing as far as furniture except a couple of bookcases and cabinets for machines. I do have a round dining room table I could refinish and use, and a couple of chairs.