Thread: Hello everyone
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 07:33 AM
treynmama

I am so happy that I stumbled on this site. I have no quilter friends and often have questions about quilting things. I have quilted on and off about 10 years--more off than on. I finally purchased a frame and machine almost 2 years ago and the only thing I have accomplished -with many, many tear-outs, is one wall hanging!! I seem to have big dreams but no accomplishments. I bought my frame(New Joy) used, it was fairly easy to assemble but the loading of a quilt is another story. I have watched many videos and still must not be the brightest crayon in the box!!
I live in Ohio, have six grown children, 15 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild. I watch the 2 youngest grandkids 5 days a week and have had the same husband for 55 years. I retired after 30 years in the medical field. My days are pretty hectic with the kids, there seems to be little time for my quilting( which I dearly love). We have 2 dogs, one inside and one outside. We also have a mentally challanged daughter that works part-time at a local McDonalds, who is dependent on us for transportation. If at times my questions seem "silly or dumb" I apologize in advance. I wish there were more people closer to me that could show me some of the things I don't know. I think I am a person who has to "see" to understand.
I currently am working on a king wedding ring quilt for myself. I have several things done and waiting for me to "load" on the frame. Maybe when it's cold outside I can get to them.