Old 06-17-2012, 05:09 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
8 hrs is a long ride for a sewing machine unless you can come up with an excuse to be in the area (family, friends, etc...). Think I'm starting to prefer ebay for heads. Last time I bought a treadle off craigslist I got a $125 speeding ticket in DC not to mention the gas money. That was my most expensive Davis ever.

Jon
Jon Jon Jon - a speeding ticket when you went to pick up the Davis? Yes, that was an expensive machine, but you couldn't have gotten the treadle from e-bay, and the machines off of e-bay become much more expensive if they are shipped properly! My only experience with buying a machine off e-bay was a little portable 99 - Occupied in Japan - machine. I wanted one machine with the Occuppied In Japan signature just because - it arrived with the case all broken up and the machine scratched up! DH was able to repair the case, but the scratches on the little 99 will stay. I tried touching them up with appliance touch up - it looked great until I cleaned the machine - then it wiped right off!

Nancy