Old 06-17-2012, 05:15 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by notsureif View Post
charlee I out in 20 yrs beating the hyway. Fours yrs of that on hy 97 every day .. auqaglass K falls.. chain, chain, chain , chain,,chain..

I got my sewing machine fix today ,, Ok I did dicker, cause I knew the guy would enjoy that , he had 10$ I said he said 7.50 Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ? what did ya say 6 . nope 7.50 . This was a hardcore seller...he took every quarter I had ..

I would have given him 7.50 for the oil can in the goodie box...the little chorme type,, I had to clean teh foot pedal contacts to get a full range out of it ,,, figure that it takes a very short needle, and man, this things sew's so good,,,, I have never seen a push buttom reverse,,,
that button with the red R ,, push it in she backs up.. let go and she going forward just like magic.

It's zz ,, dedicated left hand,, put on a standard foot, it's centered... The lights under the hood , the dot on the hood glows red with the light on....

there is no serial or model numbers,, it is the japanese dressmaker.. In the goodie box is a state tax stub from 1948, maybe 15 bobbins, all the normal attachments.. evry spool of thread is wooden with names like star and j&p coats .... would j&p coats , be coats & clark ??

It has to be late 40's to early 50's
and it matches my monkey ward streamliner ..

Notsureif, that Dressmaker looks alot like my Sterling, but the bobbin winder is on top - more like a modern machine. I like the color and looks of the Dressmaker! Also, it looks like someone put one of those pin cushion cloths around the machine - there are little scatches - the tell tale sign of pins being stuck in! I hate seeing that on a machine! I can't understand why people did that to their machines, but it seems like that was an accepted technique for a while!

Nancy