Old 06-17-2012, 06:12 AM
jlhmnj

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Jon Jon Jon - a speeding ticket when you went to pick up the Davis? Yes, that was an expensive machine, but you couldn't have gotten the treadle from e-bay, and the machines off of e-bay become much more expensive if they are shipped properly! My only experience with buying a machine off e-bay was a little portable 99 - Occupied in Japan - machine. I wanted one machine with the Occuppied In Japan signature just because - it arrived with the case all broken up and the machine scratched up! DH was able to repair the case, but the scratches on the little 99 will stay. I tried touching them up with appliance touch up - it looked great until I cleaned the machine - then it wiped right off!

Nancy
Very true, There are many things to avoid on ebay. I've reached the point if I buy a complete treadle something has to go. To get the Davis, I'm selling off my Willcox Gibbs treadle. On ebay I look for Davis heads that will fit one of my cabinets and I can swap them out when I feel like something different. The belts even fit.

BTW, I was framed on that speeding ticket---computerized Big Brother malfunction!

Jon