Old 06-17-2012, 07:19 AM
Pinkwater

I got 3 packages in 2 days! Yep, I don't know exactly what possessed me but I signed up to do 3 swaps. It was fun and sure was fun getting 3 SP packages but next month I'm going to concentrate on making one super awesome package!

Onto the AWESOME packages I received:

#1 arrived Friday but since I got home late it had to wait until Saturday. A BIG SHOUTOUT to Celia in North Carolina! She sent me some items I'd actually owned before but either lost or have somewhere in my house. My favorite items include a hard plastic case (in hot pink!) that you can put scissors and other gizmos and little tools into and slip into your pocket book...so handy to have on the go! A book by my favorite author Debbie Macomber and jelly beans! I think I'm going to get fat if I stay on this board!

#2 Thanks and a big hug to Crafty Dalene aka Darlene in Florida! I got another cool package with a cutest pin cushion and a cool (hot pink!) clip on book light, book and tissues holder (the book looks like a tear jerker/romance) and a Milky Way midnight, yum! Looks like a fun evening in coming which is great since my hubby is travelling to London for almost a week and then I leave for a week in NC to look for a new home for my sister.

#3 Susan in Florida (a former Long Islander!) sent me a fabulous package full off goodies including an Omnigrid Rotary Cutter case (that will positively be travelling with me) and an beautiful embroidered tea towel...and can you believe she actually apologized for only sending one? Crazy!!! It's so lovely Susan, one is wonderful especially since my kitchen is a bit dreary and badly in need of a paint job! She also sent me one of the most talked about/ coveted items that was sent in a package, but you have to wait for the pictures to see what it was!

and did I mention the fabric? turquoise, yellow, pink, red, swirly patterned and Chicken! AWESOME! I immediately laid the fabric out in grouping and started planning projects.

So thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you fabulous women. Saturday was a great day and not just because of the "stuff" but because off the love and kindness that was in every package. I am constantly amazed at how generous you all (and I do me all of you) are. I don't like to bring up trouble, but you should all know that I've had a very rough couple of years with the loss of my mom and my niece and multiple surgeries. Depression is a terrible beast. I've been doing much better but having the opportunity to "meet" you and have a really good time swapping and chatting has been a big lift to my spirits. This is only my second month in the swap, but checking in to see what's up with all has become a regular part of my day, so thanks.

here's the crappy part, my card reader is not working so I have to get out to the store today and get a new one so I can post all the photos of my packages. I can't wait to show you everything. There's so much more than I wrote about.

Have a great Father's Day. Jack (the hubby) and I had a very late dinner in Brooklyn with our sons Josh and Noah and Cate (Noah's wonderful girlfriend). We didn't get home until waaay past 2 am after the drive home. Today, thankfully will be a quiet day with some sewing and cooking and being grateful for the men in my life. I am blessed.

hugs to you all (and I hope my long posts aren't too boring).

Last edited by Pinkwater; 06-17-2012 at 07:22 AM.