View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 11:01 AM
Honey58

Originally Posted by j-mae View Post
Beautiful table runner! As most are suggesting here, a light batting is just right and your candle sticks will sit proud and tall on your piece of art work! Might I suggest you back it with maybe some winter fabric? You can either make it one solid piece of fabric, or make the same runner for the reverse side. Then when the holidays are over you just flip it over and there you have snow men or snow flakes for the winter! I do that to every one of my table runners. I make them do double duty. My Halloween doubles for Halloween and Thanksgiving. My Christmas doubles as Christmas and Winter, my Valentines doubles with St Patricks, Easter & Spring, Memorial Day & 4th of July, and Memorial day can still be used for Labor Day or one can start the Autumn one then. Just passing along my ideas as to how I do it. Oh, one more thing, with the scraps of parts that are cut but still stitched together, use them as your seasonal coasters! Many many comments from your guests as to how cleaver you are! Happy stitching! Judi
That is really a GOOD idea.. had not thought of it ..Thanks.