Old 06-18-2012, 07:33 AM
TexasGurl

Originally Posted by simpsonfs View Post
I'm disgusted with the idea of pre-cuts. Who wants to buy a charm pack when it contains one or two of every fabric in the selection? Or a jelly roll of the same? I prefer to pick the fabrics I want and coordinate them the way I want. I don't want a smidgen of each available. Then when it comes to a sashing or border or backing, back to the store you go. One of my favorite (used to be) It's A Stitch in Humble TX is going only to precuts...no yard goods. Lost my business...used to make road trips to go there. Had wonderful customer service and lots of choices...just makes me sick. Not happy about this at all. Forces you to go on-line....even though that is not my favorite purchase method. I don't mind ordering on line if I have first seen the fabric but I want to see more than a smidgen of it to decide. Hope all LQS aren't thinking of this....sad for me.
Well to each their own with precuts, I LIKE them - because you get a sample of every fabric in the line - and very few shops even carry most of a line !

But - I was also sorry to see It's A Stitch is headed in that direction ... it was a very good quilt shop, always had great fabrics and patterns. Seems strange they're ending the quilt shop, since they have the other 2 sewing-only stores ? It was a long trip for me, but I always stopped in there and spent a lot of $$ when I was up on the north side. They've lost me as a customer too, sure won't drive that far just for precuts and I don't need a new machine! too bad ...

Last edited by TexasGurl; 06-18-2012 at 07:47 AM.