View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 08:08 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
I'm discovering that there is a LOT about quilting that I just don't know! I keep seeing mentions here to what are obviously common block patterns and I keep working out my Google page to find out what y'all are talking about...I'm wondering if anybody can recommend a good coffee-table type book that would have pictures of all these traditional quilt blocks in it. Something with color pictures that I can both use as a reference but also browse through and enjoy just on its own would be preferable. Not necessarily a book that teaches how to MAKE the blocks, more a reference to identify them.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
No color, but Maggie Malone has "1001 Patchwork Designs" for tradition block patterns. It's no longer in print but you can get a used copy at Amazon for under $10. Buy some colored pencils and color a xeroxed copy to see if your color choices are good. OR, buy some of the square graph paper I got a JoAnn's to copy the pattern onto. Kind of expensive for graph paper, but the fact it's square make it worth the extra money.