Old 06-18-2012, 09:01 AM
sahm4605

my own two cents are this, change the darker pink floral fabric for something lighter/ more youthful fabric. And I would use the purple fabric for the castle instead of the yellow and do a blue for the sky. I do like your idea of outlining the castle in the black i think that it would set it off very well. the yellow door i would do in a pink. but that is just me. I would maybe even put her name on the flags/banner. I love purple, not a big fan of pink but my dd just loves it. I have actually been collecting butterfly fabrics and have probably 5-6 different fabrics. mostly purple though. maybe find some really nice butterfly fabric for a final large boarder. I have one that had realistic butterflies on it and is a goldish back ground with the butterflies on it. good luck though. maybe take her with to pick out a couple of the fabrics that you are going to use. She will really love that. My dd who is 4 loves to pick out fabric for quilts. I have to help me all the time. (usually she gets to pick the first fabric for someones quilt and then I get the rest of them.)