Old 06-18-2012, 11:10 AM
miriam
Power Poster

I just got an email from Pat Cleveland (Glenn's wife) - note: we warned Pat something was coming so she would be ready with the camera.

"IT CAME, IT CAME. I was working out in the front of the fence when I noticed the UPS guy stop in the turn lane. I knew immediately what it had to be. I took it in the house before Skip could notice, got the camera and then called him. He was very careful when he opened it. I know he was dying to see what it was, but he took the time and read every one of the little notes first. Then he opened the pkg and pulled out this absolutely fantastic quilt. At first he was speechless. Then he started to read each of the squares. He kept saying "amazing" over and over or "I can't believe it". He said he was humbled that you gals think so highly of him. He also kept saying " they made this for ME! just for ME! Why would they do that?" He said he doesn't do much for the gals and was so surprised to have them get together and plan this for him. Sharing his expertise in restoring is something he is glad to do. Anyway, he'll download the pix from the camera and post them and one of the quilt on the board tonight. I hope the pix came out okay, I'm not good with a tiny digital camera. Give me a Nikon or Yashica and a roll of film any day."