View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 04:49 PM
Lilrain

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
I have never hand quilted but 2 weekends ago we were up in Michigan camping and visiting family. My other half's aunt has a double wedding ring quilt that her mother made right before her death 2 years ago. The top is completed and has been pinned to the batting and backing. She asked me if I could quilt it for her. I feel really honored that she asked me to do this for her (I really didn't think she liked me!). There were 7 children and 7 quilts distributed. Everyone else found a longarmer to send it out to. One paid over $300 to get it done. I know money isn't the issue for her. I really don't care for FMQ on my domestic machine other than SID and straight lines so I am going to try my hand at hand quilting. As it is a queen or a king size, I know this will take some time but I just feel it deserves the hand quilting. Bought my Qsnap frame, Perl cotton, needles, Tiger Tape to keep my stitches neat and tidy, and that stuff you swipe the thread thru to keep it from getting tangled this weekend!
Are you planning to quilt it with peral cotton?