Old 06-18-2012, 05:18 PM
BizzieLizzie

Originally Posted by Muv View Post
Great laughter here- if you hadn't already told me where you live, the newspaper gives it away!

I've been looking at Needlebar too. I can't find any pictures of one like yours.

Has this machine got a standard flat sided needle? I always steer clear of the earlier Jones machines because they take a round headed needle and aren't worth the bother if you want to use it.

I am truly shocked that you thought they were made in Germany. In fact, I think I need to lie down.

You might enjoy this site http://www.sewalot.com
Hi Muv,

Yes, the papers do give everything away! As mentioned, I am an absolute novice at old machines. By the way, I meant 'America' and not 'Germany' in my previous post! Must have been rather distracted by the mention of 'Germany' in Charlee's message. Reason being, I only ever heard of the Jones machine here on quilting board and assumed (incorrectly) that it was an American brand. Well, now I know better.

The machine came with a broken needle and when I removed it, it was flat on one side. I have replaced the needle with another flat sided needle and tried to sew with it and it sews perfectly. In fact, the machine has been so well maintained. I think that it used to be a hand crank machine because there is a receipt - faded through the years - which detail a work order for the motor to be fitted that is dated 1984. I am presuming that the machine is older the that possibly?

I have tried to find a list of serial numbers (like on the Singer sites) but so far have drawn a blank. Well, I am hoping someone has an idea. I am very curious about this machine….Ummmmm

Thank you for the link.

Last edited by BizzieLizzie; 06-18-2012 at 05:21 PM.