Old 06-18-2012, 05:55 PM
BoJangles

Glenn/Skipper you are so welcome. What a great addition you are to this group - you so deserve that quilt! I want to finally thank each and every one of you who did blocks. I know how hard it is to take the time - we all have such busy lives! I so enjoyed receiving those blocks and having the honor of quilting them!

Glenn that quilt was done with a variety of machines! The back ground to each block was added with either a FW in Girls Night Out or with my 319w in treadle when home! The sashings were put on each block with my Pfaff 1222e because it does such a good job with that IDT - walking foot - then the sashings for each block were connected together with the 1222e also. ALL the quilting on each and every block was done on my Singer 15-88 treadle!~ Quilting the blocks was soooooo much fun using the treadle! I tried very hard to never mess with an applique'. I just echoed everywhere I could so the block's integrity was not messed with! I really enjoyed the whole process. The quilt is a "quilt as you go" technique with each block quilted separately and put together with sashing!

I want to thank Miriam and Charlee for the idea and for letting me make the quilt! The first block I received was from Joe - it is first in the quilt, the last block came from England - Muv, so that block is last with everyone else in the middle! Like I said earlier, we have 3 countries in that quilt - US, Canada, and England and 10 of our states! There were 21 people involved! I showed the quilt to everyone I know as I was making it - everyone loved the blocks - they got to see them as I received them! You guys did a great job on the blocks! Some will stick with me - like the braces Candace put on her fishy's teeth and the door that open in Miriams block! What a great bunch of quilters you all are! What a great tribute it is - to a great guy!

Nancy[ATTACH=CONFIG]343031[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails glenns-quilt.jpg  

Last edited by BoJangles; 06-18-2012 at 06:05 PM.