View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 04:00 AM
eagleoneowl2u2

I was told by my post office it is only 65 cents to send them that if anyone tells me other wise to let her know. She said that even if it is in the large envelope, not the large manila kind, smaller then that, it is still 65 cents. I was told in the past you take the letter to them they will try to charge you more because when it cannot go through the machine to sort and send out that way, this way, the 65 cent one means that they actually have to physically sort it out themselves.
I would just use a legal size envelope, wrap the block in what everyone has and put 65 cent stamp on it and mail it I pretty sure no one will have to pay to get their block. Good luck

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011 View Post
That's crazy and very disappointing! In our post offices, yesterday when I went to mail the rest of my F8 out the lady told me it was a 20 cent surcharge and I said for what she said because it won't fit through the thingy they used. And I said funny since I've been sending out letter envelopes for almost 1 1/2 year and never had any problems. So I said can you show me the thing you use to measure the envelopes and put one through it so I can see for myself that it wont fit. So she did and she said whoa it does fit with no problems and refunded my 20 cents back, so as long as they fit through that gap it should go for 45 cents....But I don't know about the Canada post offices but I'm tired of being ripped off by people money is hard to come by these days and I've had enough...
Now when I send my finish block back I do add the 20 cents because the thread seems to make it more thicker and I don't want it returned.

Donna