Old 06-19-2012, 05:28 AM
J Miller

Default A weird thing happened to me last night ..............

................... as I was sewing on the T-Bears banner my mom made.

My Hother jammed. Yes jammed. It would not move more than a 1/4 turn of the hand wheel either way.

When I lifted the head out of the case I saw the darnedest thing. The machine is a typical 15 clone with the vertical side loading oscillating hook bobbin. There are two latches that hold the hook in and the rear one had been unlatched. The hook holder (don't know the real name) had partially come out of it's housing and the hook with it. The needle had actually slipped behind the hook and the machine could not turn either way.

Because of the jam I had to loosen the screw on the front latch so it would turn to remove everything. When I did it all fell out.

I checked it over and reassembled every thing. No damage except the needle. After putting a new needle in I quit for the night.

Here is the other strange thing. When I started sewing the tension was low. I never sew at less than 3 on the dial of this machine, yet it was on 2.
The bobbin hook latch was unlatched ...

If I didn't know better I'd say someone had been messing with my machine.

I can only guess that the resident ghost was the culprit. I can't believe I did that.

Joe