View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 09:03 AM
AFQSinc

Default Border, thinner border or no border?

I am on the fence about this one. The pattern calls for a 6.5 (unfinished) border. The original pattern with the border makes a twin size quilt. This is for my DH as something for his chair so I left off the last row (I'll use it on the back). I think that a 6 inch border may be too overwhelming for the quilt. However, part of me also thinks a border would be nice to give it a little extra. I am torn between these options:

A: No border just the binding which is the red print. I don't hate this option but it seems a little unfinished to me.

B: Thinner border. The picture shows a 3.5"(unfinished) piece. I think this would be a decent compromise. Would a thinner border 2.5" finished look better?

C: Thinner border with piping between the sashing and the border to give a little definition between the black cornerstones and the black border. If I can get more of the red print it would be the red, if not then I would pick up one of the colors either in the sashing or the red print; maybe a solid red or a rusty orange or and then the black border.

I am open to other suggestions as well. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails miller.jpg   sam_0501.jpg   sam_0503.jpg