View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 09:14 AM
virtualbernie

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
I reviewed the info on this machine again & looked closely at the picture. It appears that the binding ends are left open on the bottom of the item. Probably won't work at all. Sorry.

This is a similar machine.
http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/...ng_Sewing.html
No details as to whether it sews a single layer or double layer binding. No price either.

I have carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists. When I handsew binding on a lap quilt, even though I space it out over several days, I end up with not being able to close my hands, can't lift even a small pot, & taking Ibuprofen for a couple of days after the hand sewing. I am trying to figure out how to sew the double fold binding on by machine & make it look professional. Read into that...my seams aren't always as straight as I want them to be. I have tried the stitch in the ditch method & did not like it at all. Unfortunately, I am a little bit of a perfectionist. lol

I will continue to follow this thread to find out if anyone can figure out what machine the girl is using. I think I can figure out how to double fold with the seam to the inside so that I could use one like this to do my binding & have it look good & be sturdy. I even think the girl might be using a specialty adapted carpet binding machine. The device on the bed of the machine does resemble the Martelli Binding System.
It's not a machine but an attachment that you screw into the bed of your machine. I have the attachment and was going to take a pic of it but for the life of me I can't find it now It was a bit pricey but I was never able to make it feed 2 layers of fabric without it skewing the layers...I guess you could glue the edges together... If anyone gets one and can make it work, please do a tute on this.