Old 06-19-2012, 09:31 AM
JulieB

Default Lavendar quilt for customer is finally finished!

I like most colors, and especially bright ones, but honestly I really don't care for lavendar. so when I was asked to make a lavendar/purple quilt for someone, I agreed, but it took longer than I would have wished to get it finished because I just didn't like it. The basic patch is called a Drunkard's Path, and it's arranged in an around-the-world fashion to get the cute curl-and-point effect. (I do like the pattern, just not the colors.) Then the heart appliques added a neat touch. I quilted it in rings following the colors. I used a heart-and-leaf single line motif for the quilting. I quilted with a Sulky variegated thread for all but the white. I outlined the hearts with white, and in between added another heart, or a single rose, as needed. The white designs ended up getting lost in the white material, but I didn't have the energy to tear it all out and do it again. In the pictures you can see the quilt first as sewn, but not quilted with a close-up of a corner on the 2nd photo, then 3 pics after it's quilted. The 4th one shows the white-on-white quilting, and the last one shows the simple leaf motif on the borders. At least it's finished, and I can get started on my next project! Hope you enjoy looking.
Attached Thumbnails img_4714.jpg   img_4716.jpg   img_4723.jpg   img_4725.jpg   img_4728.jpg