View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 02:42 PM
pollyjvan9

Well, I guess I will chime in with the rest and say I am definitely not a professional!! I quilt because I enjoy it, because it gives me a wonderful sense of accomplishment, because my grown children and grandchildren and now my great grandson all love my quilts, because it gives me an outlet for expressing my creativity. I'm sure there are a lot of other "becauses" but these are the ones that pop into my head. I do all my own FMQ, even though my stitches are not even, I buy clothing at the thrift shops and reuse the fabrics, I buy most of my fabric at a fabric outlet where the most expensive quilting cotton is $3.50 a yd, I only buy sale fabrics at Hancocks and JoAnns. I have seen work on the Board that is so beautiful you have to call it a Masterpiece and I go back to look at them many times for inspiration, but try not to compare myself to those quilters. I have looked at your work and greatly admire what you have posted, don't be so hard on yourself. I am in my 70's and it took me a while to learn how to post photos, but seem to have finally gotten it down. PM me and we can work together on the phone until you feel comfortable. By the way I don't have a camera, I use my phone. I think it does fine. Happy Quilting, Polly