Old 06-19-2012, 03:22 PM
babyfireo4

I finished the binding on my Aunt Gracie's quilt and catching up on this and taking pictures is up next. Have to work off this upset/angry energy! My Uncle James lives in a nursing home and has advanced Alzheimers. He doesn't understand anything and follows where you gently lead him. Anyway... It was night, around 4:45 am June 17th, Father's Day, and a male CNA came in to take his roommate to the restroom, Uncle James woke up and thought it was an intruder, He hit the CNA in the head and was very upset. He was careful to not hurt the residents only this CNA. The nursing home gave him a shot of Adavan (however that's spelled) and he was calmed down sitting in his chair. They had to call EMT's to take him to the hospital because he's had an allergic reaction to adavan before... with the EMT's came cops.... they scared him and ordered him to get on the cot... which he couldn't understand... they Tasered him at least 4 times! After the first a nurse or cna (I'm not sure which) told them he has advanced alzheimers (I mean you have to key in a code to get into the unit, common sense people!) and couldn't understand them. They ignored her and oh my goodness you should see him, It makes me want to cry and scream all at the same time! Sorry to rant, just needed to vent. I put the pictures on my blog for anyone that wants to see what I'm talking about (It's the link under this). I'll post my progress on the mystery as soon as I can. Fox 59 is going to air about this tonight at 10, for anyone who is interested.