Old 06-19-2012, 03:44 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Nancy

I don't know where Monica has been, but she 'had' a Graybar. I think she gave it away, but not sure?
I'm back! Been off traveling with family.

Yes, I own a Singer 328K that I put in treadle just to see it done. The Singer 328k are nice simple machines, but then all vintage Singers are nice simple machines.

Yes, I had owned a Graybar, but I gave it away for free to some sweet old dude that showed up to the Turlock TOGA.

Janice, your mutt cabinet will be awesome when done. I like all that space for the quilt to rest on, and I also like the idea of a key form for the individual machine heads that get fitted into the generic hole. Excellent idea!! Makes me want to do the same.

And about two years ago, I posted on this thread not to use Goop/GoJo on any old machine...it will take the decals off. Billy stated no, not so, and that I will be okay cleaning the machine with the Goop. Glad I didn't listen to him. Instead, I did some researching, googling, and found some beautiful vintage machines that had only been cleaned with sewing machine oil.