View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 07:58 PM
4dogs

I've done a good bunch of these and found it to be a fun way to make a quilt top.............I was NOT in any hurry, and took my time, and I find that pressing each row is a better way to put it all together.........and you do need to get up and move around every so often........I try to not sit longer than an hour, without getting up and moving around..go get a cup of tea or some water.........or whatever.............I have always just used my scrap pieces, so never went to the expense of buying special fabrics for it............using the different fabrics gives you a ton of different looks............I have done one in all solids, and then I did one all with kids prints, and then I did one that is all pink fabrics (that is the pretties one so far, i think).........I also did al blue prints and it was a nice one too..........the only thing with using your scraps is to be sure and not use more than one piece of each one.......so you dont have 2 just alike, lining up when you are sewing it together........I have also done 1 1/2 in, 2, 2 1/2 and 3 inch widths..........I like the 2 1/2 the best.............this is a fun "pattern" and its well worth your giving it a try, at least once..........I am thinking of doing the next one in flannels.............let me see if I can figure out how to get a picture on here of the pink one.............

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-06-2018 at 06:34 PM. Reason: copyright