Thread: Who Are You?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Barbm

well, here goes- let's see if I can do it. I'm Barb, from Lehman PA. My pic is my husband Jerry and I at my daughter's wedding in '06. We have his, hers and ours- 7 in all. 4 girls and 3 boys. And the grandchildren are starting. We have Noah, 7 months and 2 on the way- Zachary will arrive in April and Hailey is coming in May. That saying about grandkids being better than the kids is certainly true! We are blessed that my daughter April and Noah are with us because his Dad is in Japan right now. But soon they will be leaving us to join him. Nothing like a baby to make you feel young again. We also have 2 dogs, a pug, Crouton and a beagle, Trixie. (and grandogs- 2 Labs and another pug).

I love quilting (self taught) and make quilts for family and 3 family reunions per year. I also make quilts for Project Linus and made a quilt for my support group, SOLOS-SIBS, that has been in the national walk in NY City (and on the Today show) and in our first local walk in Wilkes-Barre PA. I am an advocate for suicide awareness and erasing the stigma associated with mental illness. My support group is for people who have lost a sibling to suicide. My brother, Lenny, is one of the squares on the quilt and I keep it hanging on the wall in my office when the quilt is not out being displayed.

I could spend hours looking at everyone's quilts- you are all so talented!!!

Jerry and I.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5052[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-5052.jpe