Thread: My Serger Saga
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 07:20 AM
amandasgramma

Default My Serger Saga

Okay -- this is a laugh on me............but hopefully, a lesson for you all.

Way back in 1987 or so, my then-DH bought me a Singer Serger. I could NOT get that dang thing to work right. Took it to the shop, told basically, that I was an idiot, refused to take it back. Loaned it to my mother....she had it for 2 yrs, couldn't get it to work. Loaned it to my girlfriend who had it for so many years she swore she didn't have it!!!! Finally, one day, her husband asked what she was going to do with my serger!!! It had gotten stored in one of their THREE garages... (that's a whole different story..LOL)....So now I've had it back for 5 years. I was telling fellow quilter my problems with it....she said she'd look it over. I got it out yesterday, my NOW-DH started looking it over, cleaning it, greasing it.....and low and behold he RE-THREADED it!!! It works beautifully!!!!!!! Seems we ALL had it threaded wrong!!!!!!!! ROL............Okay --- so I'm not mechanically inclined............I'm sure glad I didn't take it to our local repairman to have it "fixed".....he already thinks I'm really blond!!!!!!