View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 11:32 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Time to .... Meet Our Man Monty!
(and I can hear W4Me saying, "It's about time!")

One good thing about having a heat wave ... my sewing room is nice and cool and refreshing and my office not! So when I can't handle it anymore, I have no alternative to seek refuge!!! Last night got the first round of cutting done. Tonight, hopefully get the background cutting done ... maybe even some stitching?

So here heeeeeere's Monty .....Stage One .........

[ATTACH=CONFIG]343449[/ATTACH]

You can see I am still auditioning his hat fabric. Am using some pleather ... hope I don't regret that!! Any tips on that, are welcome. The background fabric is draped to the side ... it has the words to O Canada printed on it! His skin is looking a little too ruddy, so I'm going to stash dive for something better. Already wondering if I can leave his eyes/nose/mouth out? And just let the mustache represent the face?

BTW ... the heat wave? ... it's 32C here again today, with a humidex of 43C! Yesterday I was on the road, so my truck a/c kept me nice and comfy between meetings. Today not so lucky ... stuck in the office, and all I have are some fans! Can you guess why? ... I'm cutting the day short and I'm outta here!
Attached Thumbnails intlpatriotic-002.jpg