View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 12:07 PM
Helen S

Default 10-Minute Block - Opinions Please

I've been working on this 10 minute block for the past couple of days. I started out with 10" squares, as the pattern called for, then decided it was way too big to get the desired result. So, this morning found me cutting all the squares down to 6", except the center floral square, which I've left at 10". I like it much better!

I'm questioning layouts...they all seem to look like baseball diamonds! lol I guess that's ok, since it will be going to a DGS and wife who are very outdoorsy people. Maybe it takes on a whole different facet once quilted? I guess ultimately, it's simply a matter of taste? My plan, at this point, is to use bright yellow that matches the yellow in the floral fabric for one of the borders, probably the border closest to all the blue edges. We'll see.

LOVE doing these blocks! They're very easy, and I plan to QAYG as much as possible to keep from having to manipulate the queen size on my home machine. I'll post an update with more photos as I get closer to finishing it.

Thanks for looking!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]343459[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]343460[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]343461[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]343462[/ATTACH]

Helen
Attached Thumbnails 10-minute-block-1.jpg   10-minute-block-2.jpg   10-minute-block-3.jpg   10-minute-block-4.jpg