View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 02:06 PM
mdall

Default DUH- Where was my brain?

I'm gonna confess. I am fairly new to quilting as far as fmq and the newer techy type things that are out but this doesnt excuse the lasp of thought process I suffered the other day. Here we go. I just recently landed my first commissioned quilt. Talked to the client, drew up an estimate for all supplies, and a drawing of what the quilt would look like. All with pretty much no problem. Once it was approved I began placing the order for the fabrics and for some reason started to worry about the stitching from the front showing through on the back and looking out of place. So, I spent the next two days stressing over this trying to find a fabric that had all the colors from the front for the backing. Be patient I'm getting there. One the morning of the third day after no luck I was about ready to scream and give up so I took a break and just chilled. A few minutes later, the light bulb went off. Dont put that color in the bobbin, just use one that blends with the back. The solution was so simple but I just couldnt get the thought process together. Not sure if it was nerves over making sure that this quilt comes out wonderful or what but boy, just goes to show that at one point or another we all have a newbie moment. So, what was a newbie moment for you. I would love to hear them.