View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Snooks

Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post
QB friends, we are needing help in re-homing Cindy. (Shea's retired service dog). She is a beautiful 8 yo black standard poodle that has been trained as a service dog. However due to her having shoulder problems she had to be retired. Her shoulder is MUCH better as long as she no longer jumps in and out of our van several times a day , and no longer does all the walking she did when she would go out and about with Shea. It is breaking Shea's heart that we are having to re- home her, but since she has stoppped 'working' for Shea, she gets mad at her when we leave her home. She gets out of her create, she tears things up, we have called and talked with the organization we got her from and they say 'it is a behavior' she is acting out b/c she is not working.

We have tried many other remedies and that last suggestions was this: she will propbably do much better with a new owner, one she has not 'worked' for. She is a very loveable dog, and truly Shea's best friend. She hates to keep her created up when we leave, it's hard on them both. If you know of someone that needs a wonderfully awesome companion dog, please please have them contact me via FB or if you have my cell # please feel free to pass it on to them. We are looking to have this happen ASAP, for both CIndy & Shea's sake. Please let me know if you know of someone. We live in Texas. Thank you
What about an Adult Foster Home or a Ret. Home. Many have a house pet or would LOVE to have one like Cindy. If I was closer I would take her in a heart beat. Please keep us updated. You ALL are in my prayers.