Old 06-20-2012, 04:10 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by grannysewer View Post
Nancy, was the quilt as you go by Betty Cotton? My GD made one using her technique couple years ago. Turned out very nice. She used every decorative stitch I have on one of my machines. I've used it too, and find it easy to do.
You know I don't know for sure, but there is a gal who teaches the Quilt As You Go Reversible method here at all our local quilt stores. I am pretty sure she use the Sharon Pederson method because that is the book she recommends. When I took her class a few years ago, she had all the instructions written out already for the class so I am not totally sure where she learned. It is a really fun method - you work on a section or a block at a time. I use to quilt very large - queen and king sized quilts under my Pfaff 1222e, then I got the Pfaff Grand Quilter. I have done lots of those really big quilts on my dinning room table! Never with a FW! I can't imagine trying to do that! Anyway, I then bought a long arm machine with a table large enough for a 108 inch quilt, but I really prefer to do Quilt As You Go! Besides, I LOVE using my Singer 15-88 treadle to quilt the blocks! I do all my FM and all my quilting at home with the 15-88 treadle. I have better control with the treadle than I do an electric machine!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 06-20-2012 at 04:12 PM.