Old 06-20-2012, 06:01 PM
romanojg

I have 5D but as far as organizing them here is my method and why. I create a folder that says orders_sitesname and download designs there. Each website has their own download folder and the orginal copy always stays there. The reason is if you ever need to get another copy of the design most companies will let you download it more than once but you have to have the name/number of the design. Some companies retire designs and if you don't have the orginal name/number theres no way to retrieve it. After downloaded I unzip files and store into folders according to what they are; like beach, kitchen, holidays with sub folders for each holiday. Then I rename the files as well to show what they are. In 5D it will let me create a picture of each design so I'm currently doing that so that I can print out small pics of each design to look at when I'm trying to create. I don't have as many as alot do but already I have forgotten some of the ones I've downloaded. I have a folder with my name_designs for ones I've created or modified. I hope this helps. There are some free programs out there if you want to check them out. I'll include a link to one that I'd considered before I bought 5D pro. It's a full program, totally free. If you want a copy on cd then its 15. but from what I heard it's worth it because you get a manual for installing and operation on the cd. Good luck. I know someone who has been doing this for 6yrs and when I asked her how she organized she says she's still trying to come up with something she really likes; she's always changing.
http://www.freesierrasoftware.com/st..._universal.asp