View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 09:33 PM
Pat G

Originally Posted by jeanharville View Post
You are so lucky to get to be with you grandchildren. Mine have lived all over the world and the US and therefore we don't get to see each other often. However now that I'm retired, I get to go to the US gks homes three or more times a year. The overseas kids and I keep in touch through letter writing, DVD home movies, and FB. But these only keep us in touch. However as I write this, I'm thinking of how the DVD movies could be used to pass along hobby interests. Long distance grandparenting is more difficult. So I'm so glad you get to be personally involved with your precious ones.
Jean, it made me sad to hear how far away your g-kids are from you but isn't technology wonderful in how they can keep us closer. I can understand since I go south to Ariz. for 6 months so it's important to me to do all I can with mine when I am home.
My 22 yr. old g-son is here with me now for awhile. He spotted a quilt I'm using as a table cover right now & said he'd sure like a quilt like that in "manly" colors. He doesn't know it but yest. I picked up fabrics in manly colors for him. I had the start of a Ragtime quilt for him made with G-pa's (his namesake) old paint covered & battery acid stained jeans backed with red flannel. I did not enjoy working on it so I may not finish it.
Fri. my 23 yr. old g-dtr is coming for a cpl. of days. Next wk. my 8 yr. old g-son gets his turn. His dad said Michael would love to learn to sew too. I'm sure glad I don't have 20 g-kids. LOL. I'm sure buying a lot of groceries but it's worth it.

"emlee" I think you could have a blast with 3 g-sons, too. Mine have me out chasing snakes & looking for frogs. Good thing I was a tomboy. How about having them help you make beanbags for a game. I made about 6 bags today & plan to set up a cpl. of boxes & let them see how many ea. child can get the most bags in them. I have no idea how that will go over but I'll try

(I've tried to edit this post but don't know how it's going to show up). Very frustrating.

Last edited by Pat G; 06-20-2012 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Repositioning of paragraph