Old 06-21-2012, 05:07 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
I went shopping today! I told myself NOT to look on the local CLings, but I didn't listen to myself. Well, I had to have this one since I have never seen one. It's a Singer 224, made in Japan. It takes cams, can be treadled, and I think it takes 15x1 needles. I'm having difficultly finding a free manual off the net, but that doesn't matter since it's a simple Singer. My son said that my command center will have to be a pentagon shape for the latest to fit in the grouping.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]343549[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]343550[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]343551[/ATTACH]
Monica, wow that is a what . . . a 1960"s machine with a 1960's treadle cabinet? How interesting! That straight leg, very simple treadle cabinet was one of the last - I think - that Singer made! I wonder if that machine was made for an Amish person or someone who lived very very frugally? Geeze, by the time that machine was made there were not many people who would have used a treadle! I know you can still buy treadles today - mostly to go to the Amish and 3rd world countries - I would love to know that machine's history! What a find!!!!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 06-21-2012 at 05:09 AM.