View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 07:57 AM
wendiq

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I have this machine and can't find but one con about it. I cannot use the auto threader. I can't understand the manual's line drawing of it and I have been to every Brother dealer in the area and not one had a PS1500 which of course has a different needle threader then the other Brothers. I guess I could tote the machine to the dealers but it's sure heavy. I have looked at it through a magnifying glass and still can't figure it out. I don't have a problem threading manually but one day I'd like to figure it out. No use in typing directions, without someone showing me or pictures I won't get it.
It's a HORRIBLE threader. I've had my machine for more than 10 years and absolutely LOVE it! I've taken it to be cleaned and every machine expert has agreed that the threader leaves a lot to be desired......SO.....I just manually thread it and all is fine.....I've another machine and the threader is wonderful, but I still love the brother for it's plain, no nonsense sewing....reminds me of the Singer 221 in that it's a workhorse. I know you will soon have the threading down and will become very attached to this lovely machine.....Just FYI, I've learned to clean it completely by easily taking the bottom off and brushing out any lint. I also brush the lint from the bobbin area at every bobbin change. Easy machine to use and clean.....best of luck with yours. I hope you love it as much as I love mine....