Old 06-21-2012, 09:20 AM
BuzzinBumble

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Holy mackerel, Lara! They could be sisters! Do you know what Pip is? My best bet for Daisy is chihuahua and some sort of terrier. She was a rescue also. They found her on the street in Queens - a borough of New York City -- and she was so fearful. Now she is my shadow. I just love my little girl. Daisy now has a puppy cut for the summer.
I know just how you feel! I seriously feel that Pip rescued me and not the other way around. She was a mess and fearful too, but when I picked her up and pet her head, her face transformed into such a look of sheer bliss that my hubby made his "you have no choice but to keep her" face with the wiggling eyebrows. She's still an utter affection hog. The rescue people told us that her mother was a mini schnauzer and they thought her father was a yorkie. The dogs were all split up when the Humane Society did their raid and dispersed to whatever shelters could take them in. I keep her fur trimmed short because it grows out so patchy that she looks like a wildebeast if when it starts to get long.

Thanks Brenda - your Miss Daisy caught my heart right away too.

Brenda and Nancia you are both too goofy squabbling over Krystyna's quilt, when she told you all along she is going to keep it.

This heat IS deadly... I keep wondering how the wild creatures are coping in it. Make sure your husband takes extra precautions Krystyna - that is pretty scary how he was yesterday. At the very least a case of heat exhaustion! My DD had a job in research and just read a study that the very best drink to have when you have been working hard in the heat is NOT Gatorade, but cold chocolate milk.