View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 12:33 PM
quiltmau

Originally Posted by May in Jersey View Post
While the photos that some of the members here post are really "professional looking' the majority of the photos are posted by 'ordinary" quilters of all levels. My quilts are simply made and meant as a 'fun' outlet for me and as a way to share some of my joy of quilting with family and friends. So don't put yourself down and join all of us 'ordinary' quilters, we're a huge group that loves to add new members. May in Jersey
I agree with May in NJ--I am having fun with the board and quilting. I used to make my clothes and quilting is much different. I look at all the beautiful items and sigh because while I was a fairly good seamstress I am a lousy quilter. I love to switch and swatch out patterns and colour. I may start with one idea and end up with another.

My BFF says I quilt like I drive-all over the place!!! with no real idea where I am going. Quilt for yourself and don't judge your quilts or life by anyone else.

Just enjoy the board and listen to all the people here who share ideas and advice. There is a lot to learn and while we all can't be brain surgeons, we can all take out a splinter!!