Old 06-22-2012, 12:29 AM
JustAbitCrazy

I agree with Prism99. No value in trying to buy locally for you. You're not going to have local support and classes, etc. If you buy a machine at a quilt show, you get really great deals on the demo machines they have, especially on the last day of the show. I think they don't care to lug all those machines back home. Since you already know what you want, another option is to buy and have a machine shipped to you. I attended the Lancaster AQS quilt show in April, and looked at the Janome 6600 and 7700, and I agree that the 7700 looks like a great machine, especially for fmq. The dealer there was Brubakers, and they offered to sell the 7700 to me on the last day of the show for either $1799 or $1899--I can't remember for sure now, and the table for the machine for $350 instead of $400. I have since seen that same table at another dealer's shop for $600, so evidently the non-sale price of $400 is a good price. Brubaker's has a good reputation, and they offer a 15% discount to members of the qb, too, I believe. They also sell on ebay, and offer warranties even on their used machines, so you may want to check them out. You could have the machine you want sooner than waiting for the quilt show, and not have to "schlep" it home. I didn't buy a Janome, (the 7700 is too much machine for me, because I have a longarm), but Janome owners love their machines, pretty universally. Good luck to you!