Old 06-22-2012, 04:47 AM
quiltinghere

I'd say go to the Show and check them all out. I'm betting they'll ship whatever you buy and maybe with free shipping. Did you try calling some of these companies directly or the Show directly to see who is going to be the representative at the show? Find out who's going to rep and give them a call now. See how it works.

Question to the local people though would be "do you have Certified Factory Trained Technicians working for your dealership?" If they don't, you'd still have to find CFTT to work on your machine or ship back to company, IF the machine were still under warranty.

When I purchased my last sewing machine (about $900), I bought from a local dealer thinking that I would be able to go back to him for any training or maintenance I would need. Never went back...never needed help...not even routine servicing. Besides that, now a days, you never know who is going to be in business when you need them. Times are still tough out here.

WHAT ELSE comes with the machine if you buy locally? Training? Routine maintenance? After I bought that $900 sewing machine, I found out I could have purchased the same machine from a distant dealer for a few hundred dollars less...with no further training on the machine...didn't need any as it turned out.

When you make the decision and can sleep better at night, you can feel confident it's the right decision for you.
Good Luck!