Thread: Missing
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 05:34 AM
maviskw

I have found things under one piece of paper or under one layer of fabric, but I posted a story about a lost pizza box full of fabric belonging to someone else on the June 17 newsletter.
I have a few tricks for not losing things. When others walk into my sewing room, they are astounded at what seem like a mess. But mostly I can find things. I have my little thread snipping scissors on a 40 inch piece of elastic that is around my neck most of the time. I have worn that to church and to the doctor's office.
I don't buy those little round seam rippers anymore. I get the longer ones with SQUARE handles. Also, it helps to tape a plastic spoon to the handle. I've seen that in stores on their pens they don't want to lose. Some use a stem of artificial flower. I have one on the pen I use for my sudoku puzzles.
I have a mail organizer that I found free at our senior center that I "file" patterns, books, the directions for the challenge project, things I may want to do someday, etc. Everything stands on end, and so far I have always found what I was looking for in there. I also have a "tray" next to my sewing machine that catches most-used things. Mine is Tupperware! A rectangle one, about 7x10x2. Current thread, notions, pencil, presser feet, etc. land in there. After a few projects I need to put some things in their permanent place so there is room for the next load. That way things are less likely to fall onto the floor. And now I always empty my wastebasket VERY CAREFULLY. I'm sure I have lost all my old round seam rippers there.