Old 06-22-2012, 05:50 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quilt addict View Post
The paint is too far gone for Glenn's treatment. It originally just blew off in a few places on the bed and now if not careful it just brushes off if you touch it. Mechanically it turns really easy even before cleaning and oiling. It has a drop in bobbin case as shown in the these pictures. That is the stitch length lever on the front.

The question on the threading is the takeup spring on the tension disc, I am used to having something that the thread turns against after the disc and before the spring. I wonder if there is something missing.

Well darn, the motor was running fine last night but not getting anything this morning. And now I need to get to work. But just turning by hand it seems to make a good stitch.

Here are some more pictures.
When Glenn gets back from fishing pm him and see if he can help you with that finish. He knows his stuff! I love that nose plate - really pretty.

The thread should go across from the spool through the guide, around the tension & spring then through that bar next to the tension, up through the take up lever and back down to the needle. I think it is pretty cool.

Check your wiring to make sure it is plugged in and in good shape. If nothing else, it can be rewired and the brushes can be cleaned or replaced.