Old 06-22-2012, 06:44 AM
BuzzinBumble

Default Mountain Dreams

KrisB made me the most wonderful quilt and I am still giddy everytime I think of it! I sent you a PM Kris, but Thank you again! And thank you too for the sampler pack of landscape fabrics you included with your quilt.

In my youth, I worked summers in the mountains and had told Kris that the mountains speak to my heart, and that I always feel like a fish put back in the water when we visit them. I am so touched by this quilt Kris made! She perfectly captured the serenity and beauty of being in the mountains. Kris even made the lake water sparkle in the sunshine! My whole family is amazed that she could do this with fabric. Don't you just love the three red Adirondack chairs too?!

Kris you couldn't have known, but this looks sooo much like where I worked! If I could, I would give you a huge hug!

Okay here are the pictures. The first is a close up of a small part of the quilt. I hope you can see the sparkling lake. The second is of the whole quilt. Kris named it "Mountain Dreams". I will be putting this quilt right by my sewing area so I can have a quick little escape to the mountains whenever I see it.
Attached Thumbnails mountain-dreams-krisb-closeup-lake.jpg   mountain-dreams-krisb-2.jpg  

Last edited by BuzzinBumble; 06-22-2012 at 06:47 AM.