View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 12:59 PM
suziehammond

Originally Posted by ploverwi2 View Post
Can we have the July theme? It is too late for me to start something in June, and with the holiday coming and company, there just isn't time for me.
Also, I guess I didn't read about the start of this challenge really well. Are we supposed to do just a fabric collage design? To me, but that is just me, an art quilt would have things like people, houses, trees, flowers, etc. Is it just supposed to be a mixed media?
Thanks so much for answering my question.
Well I think you are right about the holidays and possible conflicts and the newest theme will be posted Sat 23rd.

These 'art' quilts can be about anything........

I think this is more about having all of us stay both within our comfort zones and yet also stretching just a bit beyond into new techniques, colors, ways of looking at a favorite subject, etc. The idea of a challenge was to give a few 'guidlines' to try and work within and then take your ideas of what you love and and expressing it in fabric.

And anytime anyone would like to suggest ideas and themes I am all agog! I would love for this to be collaborative and helping us all to learn and grow a little.

Last edited by suziehammond; 06-22-2012 at 01:09 PM.