View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 02:14 PM
aborning

Originally Posted by MarlaMars View Post
I did one and I did not enjoy it either. I used batiks and I did not like the way the colors fell next to each other and you know that batiks are beautiful. Very hard to ruin a batik quilt but this jelly roll thing did it. I won't do it again and I am trying to figure out what to do with this now. I guess it will go in the UFO pile until I decide where it should go.
Interesting. I quilted one for a customer and it was batisks in purples, blues, greens, and that was the jelly roll quilt I like the best of any I've seen. The colors just all seemed to blend well. I did a jelly roll quilt in May and after I had it all done, I took apart about 5 of the horizontal seams and repositioned my rows so I could spread out some of the colors more as some of the colors were kind of lumped together in spots. This is not the greatest pattern for me as I am way to anal about scrappy looking quilts. I need the colors all dispersed evenly. I really like the quilt now that I took some of the rows apart and repositioned them .

Last edited by aborning; 06-22-2012 at 02:27 PM.