View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 07:09 PM
path49

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
I was wondering if anyone ever made an OD green machine. I like it.

You're gonna need a new friction drive wheel. That one is in pretty bad shape. You can remove the rubber and replace it with a section of rubber hose. I did that with a piece of transparent tubing from a hardware store on one of my extra drive wheels.
Joe
That size friction pulley is still readily available. I just ordered 2 on ebay...& most online sewing supply places (sew & vacs, etc) have them. It's the pulley with the 1/4" hole....rubber has a 3/4" diameter. The price was $8.95 each. They fit perfectly on a White. Just do an ebay (or online) search for friction pulley.

One tip...After you replace the friction pulley, put something between the motor (if it's mounted on a spring) & the back of the machine that's thick enough to hold the rubber pulley slightly away from the hand wheel. I just use folded cloth. When the rubber is held against the hand wheel (& the machine isn't getting used frequently), a flat spot will form.

The only friction pulley I haven't been able to find are the one's that are tapered...where the rubber end nearest the motor is smaller than the outside edge. I make those from the one's I just bought...forming the taper with an emery board. I have 2 machines that take that type.

Last edited by path49; 06-22-2012 at 07:19 PM.